- Winner of 1st prize in Indie Book Awards Sweden 2014.
- Finalist for Selmapriset 2015, a Swedish book award.
- Named Sweden's most successful indie publisher in 2013 by the trade magazine Tidningen Svensk Bokhandel.
- All books have placed on best-seller list through the years, including number one spots.
- The first novel is published in Germany.
After a few years as an analyst and work in corporate finance, Kaj left his employment to focus on writing novels. The first was published in 2011 and sold well and placed on best-seller lists, earning Kaj the title ”Sweden’s most successful indie publisher” by the publishing industry magazine. The second novel also did well and resulted in Kaj winning first prize in Indie Book Awards Sweden 2014.
The novels and short stories have all reached best-seller lists in Sweden and has sold more than 50 000 copies. The first novel has also been published in German-speaking markets.
Time, stillness and reflection are the essence of Kaj’s photography. He has a keen eye for details, looking into the mysteries of our planet, searching for the essence of being.
Kaj was born in 1974 and is currently based in Stockholm, Sweden. He has a MSc in BA and Economics with a master in finance, and is a former Captain of the Swedish Marines. As an author and a photographer he is self-taught – with decades of studying and executing.
Images and covers
The photographer or cover designer must be named when using the image. I am happy to send you review copies of the books.
- Covers: Niklas Lindblad (Operation Nordvind and Parsifaldirektivet). All others are made by Kaj Karlsson.
- Image 1-2 (green jacket): Ola Kjelbye.
Right-click to download. Higher resolution images are found here.